Senior Engineer, Microfluidics
Location: Kent Science Park, Sittingbourne
We are looking for a highly ambitious and motivated individual to carry out critical R&D work at the forefront of innovation in biosensing and biotechnologies. You will contribute to the development of new Point-of-Care diagnostic tests, including design of microfluidic components and manufacturing processes. You will be responsible for the design and optimisation of key innovative components of a Point-of-Care diagnostics system, and you will support the scaling-up of the manufacturing processes.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast-growing company, to play a critical part in its product and business development and to get valuable technical and business experience.
- Degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Biomedical Engineering;
- 3+ years’ experience in developing microfluidic systems design and fabrication particularly in capillary fill systems;
- Experience managing mechanical engineering design and fabrication projects (must have hands-on experience);
- Experience with 3D CAD software such as AutoCAD, Fusion 360 and in DFM;
- Experience in designing components for injection moulding;
- Experience in Medical Devices and working within a ISO 13485 environment would be an advantage;
- Must be a strong team player and communicator with a positive attitude and be able to perform well under pressure.
Please submit your application to email@example.com including your CV and a cover letter.
About Mint Diagnostics
Mint Diagnostics is a start-up re-defining how hormone data and salivary diagnostics can be used for Human Performance optimisation and Personalised Healthcare.