Laboratory Technician – Biochemistry
Location: Kent Science Park, Sittingbourne
We are seeking a Laboratory Technician with practical laboratory experience in a Biology, Biochemistry or Life Science discipline, to ensure the sustained operational efficiency of the business and to support R&D activities at the forefront of innovation in biosensing and biotechnologies.
You will assist in the day-to-day running of the laboratory, ensuring that it operates in a clean and safe manner, that consumables are supplied as required and that equipment is maintained correctly and in good order. You’ll support to the Technical Operations Manager in ensuring that all laboratory facilities and related activities are fully compliant with relevant regulations and health & safety policies.
You will also execute laboratory experiments as per standard procedures to support scientific investigation, assist production of materials for in house or customer use, and carry out lab service activities to support scientists and engineers as required.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast-growing company, to play a critical part in establishing and maintaining an efficient operation of our facilities and to get valuable technical experience in an innovative biotech field.
- BSc or equivalent in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Biology or other relevant discipline;
- 3+ years’ experience in working in a biotech laboratory environment (GLP advantageous), with ability of making buffers and handling reagents;
- Knowledge of ELISA and immunoassay techniques advantageous;
- Excellent work ethics, must be able to work flexible hours/shifts if needed (including occasional weekend work if required);
- Good written and verbal skills;
- Good organisational and time management skills;
- Must be a strong team player with a positive attitude and be able to perform well under pressure.
About Mint Diagnostics
Mint Diagnostics is a start-up re-defining how hormone data and salivary diagnostics can be used for Human Performance optimisation and Personalised Healthcare.